|Job Type:||Full Time|
The mission for Microsoft’s Web Experiences Team (WebXT) is to build comprehensive and engaging content, services, and platforms for consumers to access the information they need anywhere on any device and for enterprises to enhance their employee and customer experiences. As part of the WebXT org, our team is building an ecosystem to enable engineering teams in WebXT and other organizations of Microsoft to prototype, build and ship production quality microservices with high reliability.
The ecosystem of our platform consists of:
- An application model with near real-time CI/CD agility and patterns learned from running world class online services like Microsoft Bing search.
- A set of SDK libraries which can be used for the implementation of common service patterns and requirements that focus on improving performance, observability and stability
- Core run-time system to manage services lifecycles and integrations with Azure and other 1st party systems.
- Geo-distributed, DRI-supported clusters hosted on Microsoft Azure which can run all types of online and offline workloads, for both consumer and enterprise scenarios
In WebXT, our platform is the only platform that hosts a variety of workloads including latency sensitive online services as well as offline processors, for both consumer and enterprise use cases. Those services are already integrated into Microsoft products like Bing search, Cortana AI assistant, Microsoft Edge browser, Microsoft Maps and more. With the focus of WebXT on delivering world-class search and content experiences, we are expecting exponential growth of the platform in the coming years. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to help in improving the platform, accelerating the growth and delivering innovations to enable more capabilities of our partner services.
- Develop Cluster Automation for Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) using Infrastructure As Code (IaC) namely Terraform
- Be a part of our SRE team to operate a highly reliable online service platform
- Work directly with engineering teams in WebXT and beyond to provide technical and operational support. Listen to feedback from our partner engineering teams, drive strategic plans to improve the platform based on partner feedback.
- Maintain close technical relationships with Azure teams like Compute, Networking and Azure Kubernetes Service to adopt the latest features and use our experiences to influence the product roadmaps of Azure services.
- Provide technical leadership and be a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Support and live Microsoft's culture of diversity and inclusion.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 3+ years of industry software development experience
- 2+ years of experience building, shipping and operating distributed systems
- Experience in one or more programming languages
- Experience in operating and maintaining production environments hosted on Microsoft Azure or other public clouds
- Knowledge and experience in containers with Kubernetes and software development on Linux
- Experience in working on open source projects
- Experience in .Net, C#, ASP.NET
- Experience and knowledge about the best practices of being a site-reliability engineer (SRE).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.