|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- We are looking for a Director to lead Microsoft’s Supply Chain Accounting team. The Supply Chain Accounting team partners closely with the Corporate Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain teams supporting a broad business scope of Microsoft devices including Surface and Xbox. The environment is dynamic and innovative, where the accounting team must be flexible & deeply integrated with the business.
- This leader will oversee supply chain accounting including inventory reserve process, warranty accounting and standard costing, as well as related compliance activities including SOX. This leader is a manager of people managers, overseeing a team of approximately 17 individuals. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Corporate Accounting.
- Lead the Supply Chain Accounting team that supports the rhythm of business for monthly and quarterly accounting close processes.
- Oversee the coordination and preparation, delivery, and analysis of balance sheet and P&L reporting and assist in reviews with senior business leaders.
- Lead compliance activities, which requires partnership with Internal Audit and Supply Chain Operations teams. Ensure SOX compliance including development of new controls as the business evolves.
- Oversee the preparation of inventory related financial information for Microsoft’s financial statements and disclosures.
- Lead quarterly reviews with the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, MBA/CPA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 12 years relevant experience in financial reporting and analysis from accounting/consulting firm or multinational corporation
- Experience managing large teams and demonstrated people development skills
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, adaptable, and able to multi-task
- This role can be located in Atlanta or Redmond. If located in Atlanta requires up to 30% travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.