|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Corporate Accounting is hiring a senior finance leader to take on a high impact role as a Director of Strategic Deals and Reporting.
We are looking for an individual with the proven ability to lead and develop a high performing team. This newly created team will apply complex accounting rules to unique transactions and is responsible for delivering holistic accounting conclusions for strategic arrangements and deals. We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative leader as this role partners across corporate and finance teams, including strong alignment with the Revenue Assurance team. This person will be responsible for providing accounting conclusions for key consultations initiated from business partners such as new programs and initiatives, P&L classification, capitalization of costs, and other broad topics.
A successful candidate will have the experience and skills to interpret and apply complex accounting rules, and identify financial reporting key risks and mobilize teams to proactively address these risks. They will have a breadth of practical experience to apply to new and complex arrangements.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Corporate Accounting and is a people manager position.
- Lead new strategic initiatives that span across multiple teams and technical accounting topics. Responsible for ensuring appropriate inclusion of key stakeholders and holistic accounting considerations.
- Oversight and review of world-wide statement of cash flow.
- Oversight of technical treasury accounting reviews, including new initiatives and programs. Includes oversight and review of related footnote disclosures.
- Oversight of other technical accounting areas including leases, fixed assets, capitalization of various costs, P&L cost classification and other projects and consultations.
- Identify potential gaps and risks; propose solutions and work across teams to execute.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, MBA/CPA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in technical accounting and financial reporting from an accounting/consulting firm or multinational corporation; preference for candidates with strong public accounting and industry experience
- Experience in technology industry preferred
- Deep technical accounting understanding, including experience managing related functions
- Project management experiences and proven ability to work across groups, including internal and external auditors, tax, legal, finance, operations, and other centralized functions
- Excellent communication, cross-group collaboration, people management, and influencing skills
- Ability to simplify complex material in executive-ready manner
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.