|Job Type:||Full Time|
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for the development of tools, fixtures, gauges, etc., using a variety of machinery and equipment. Design and manufacturing support for improvements to existing products. Secondary responsible for the electrical support of medical manufacturing equipment. Responsible for compliance to Quality Systems Regulation (QSR).
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the set up and operation of a variety for equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, measuring equipment, etc to machine parts and verify conformance to required specification.
- Responsible for the analysis of prints, sketches, models, etc on projects to be determine materials required, equipment to be utilized, and time to complete order.
- Plans approach to project, may interface with end user during planning stage.
- Examines standard or previously used tools, fixtures, etc. and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of tooling parts.
- May develop specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and completely documents through drawings or sketches of the design.
- Work with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for following all applicable safety/housekeeping guidelines. Performs necessary preventative maintenance.
- Inspect products and select the correct shop equipment, precision measurement devices and other tools needed for job.
- Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- May work on special projects/assignments upon request.
- Practice safe machine shop practices and comply with safety standards
What your background should look like:
- Vocational school or apprenticeship preferred
- Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Four years work experience in machine shop or tool making.
- Typically requires two years trade school in machine shop technology or equivalent education, training, and/or related work experience plus
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and ability to use basic machine maintenance tools.
- Must be able to understand and interpret standard operating procedures, verbal instructions and use basic mathematical skills.
- High school or G.E.D. education required.