|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Global Account Manager based out of Peoria, IL. This position will report to the Regional Sales Manager, NA of the ICT Business Unit.
The Global Account Manager will manage and control all activities within a global business for a specific strategic customer. The primary objective is to maximize business opportunities and to ensure that TE is in a prime position to grow and develop sales profitability.
What you will be doing:
- Act globally as the GAM for a specific customer, accountable for profitable sales growth, development of new business opportunities and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for understanding all aspects of the customer globally; including but not limited to: Available Market, Market Share, Customers Business Objectives, Goals, and Technologies.
- Responsible and accountable for delivering the annual growth plans for the specific customer, as well as further defining the account specific tactical activities are aligned with the customer’s and TE’s strategies.
- Assess and qualify new business opportunities to develop additional revenue streams.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and executing plans for advancing the company’s products to meet the customer’s specific demands.
- Communicate results (monthly billing review, monthly rolling forecast and market project highlights) as well as needs to direct supervisor. Identify application areas where TE does not have a dominating position and define account coverage and product requirements; Works with regional leaders to ensure they are supporting the global customer as necessary to become the preferred supplier in the identified regions/products.
- Provide additional leadership and guidance to align regional account managers in areas of customer knowledge, customer product strategy, and regional successes that can be leveraged globally.
- Identify needs for training, coaching, and facilitation to develop a world class global account management team via indirect management.
- Responsible for setting strategy for customer pricing, pricing uplift between regions, and currency/commodity strategy at the global customer.
- Responsible to ensure concurrence between regional leaders and oversees the implementation of this strategy in total, the Global Account Manager must be perceived as the customer’s champion within the TE organization and will ensure that TE is perceived as the supplier of choice by the customer.
What your background should look like:
- B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent education 5+ years of experience in various Business Development, Marketing, and Sales assignments with Global Customers
- At least 2 years of Managerial Experience Knowledge of sales forecasting / market trends / competition / technology that will influence products and sales
- Must be comfortable facilitating high level technical discussion between TE and the customer’s engineering, project management, and continuous improvement teams
- Strong problem solving, strategic and tactical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to form successful working relationships quickly, at all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to motivate his/her sales team
- Strong presentation skills including presenting to executive levels both internally within TE and externally at the customer
- Culturally sensitivity
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, international organization
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Position requires travel flexibility to include frequent domestic and some international travel
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups