|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Provide product manufacturing support for new product development. Create assembly instructions, process workflows, tooling, fixtures, and other documentation. Participates in design and testing activities including requirements capture, test plan creation, bench level verification testing. This position requires access to information that is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, a person granted asylee status in the U.S., or a person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide manufacturing support as part of a cross-functional team
- Create process work instructions, tooling, and electronics fixtures for new products
- Develop and execute test requirements for electro-mechanical component characterization and verification.
- Initiate and manage capital equipment projects
- Analyze yield and process data (capability & gage R&R) to identify and implement process improvement projects
- Set up manufacturing procedures to resolve customer's complaints
- Resolve tool and design problems as related to assembly of components
- Suggest design changes of new products to reduce costs and overall manufacturing efficiency
- Prepares specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Familiar with manufacturing principles such as high-speed assembly, machining, stamping, plating, resistance welding, bonding, and molding
- Able to work as a team member with remote sites and outside vendors.
- A self-starter that requires minimum supervision
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under schedule pressures and balance priorities is essential
- Have strong written and oral skills, as you will be required to interface with team members, suppliers, customers, and sales
- Must be able to work in a hands-on environment
- Must be familiar with the PFMEA process
What your should look like:
- Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree plus 3 years of experience
- Experience with machine and equipment design, development, and deployment in manufacturing
- Competency with CAD and 3-D modeling software
- Proficient in MS Office Software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of six sigma, lean manufacturing tools, and Minitab
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple changing priorities
- Experience with robot programming, PLC, and HMI
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Knowledge in mil-aero products is desirable but not a requirement
- IPC soldering certification preferred
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups