|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Account Director at Microsoft leads a strategic and most valued customer into the digital age. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Account Director manages, orchestrates and leads their virtual teams and closes opportunities with customers that produce transformative business outcomes.
The Account Director will be responsible for the following:
- Business Relationship Owner: Build coalition of support (IT and business) with customer. Define specific business outcomes.
- Team Mobilizer and Orchestrator: Mobilize the entire account team and direct clear opportunity ownership in strong collaboration with partners.
- Digital Transformation Leader and Operational Excellence: Lead, drive and manage opportunities for each of the 4 Digital Transformation pillars and 4 Solution Areas. Consistent, repeatable achievement of revenue and consumption targets.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
- An industry mastery of any kind in Healthcare is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Background in large-scale, multi-year enterprise change management
- Executive communications, engagement and influence
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs
- Standard language for what is means to join Microsoft
- Develop landing plan including field onboarding, partner disclosure, readiness, and execution
- Ensure subsidiary business owners of transformation pillars (commerce, co-sell, membership) incorporate changes within their respective planning and execution for positive business outcomes
- Determine core transformation stakeholders, define R&R, scope and role criteria and accountabilities
- Create disclosure and onboarding/transition plans to prioritize efforts with stakeholders, partner account teams, support, operations
- Drive attainment of local subsidiary change mgt KPIs/scorecard results
- Participate within the partner transformation community, share learnings, best practices
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.