|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does protecting over 1 billion customers and making the cyber world a better place sound exciting? The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) seeks motivated, experienced security professionals to join our team. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the MSRC and the Cloud + AI Security team. We strive to always serve our customers at the highest level while being constantly agile, and adopting a growth mindset which will transform Microsoft.
The successful candidate will be passionate about strengthening Microsoft products and cloud defenses and protecting customers from emerging security threats in an ever-evolving climate. If you enjoy being intimately involved in the latest security industry developments, and are passionate about having a direct impact on the security of all Microsoft customers, this opportunity may be for you. We are a fast-paced team that constantly provides new opportunities to learn and grow.
Your responsibilities will include triage, management, and investigation of security vulnerabilities reported to Microsoft by external sources against any Microsoft product or service. You will maintain the highest quality of work while driving projects to completion, balancing scope, schedule, competing priorities, project risks, and communications. You will work closely with engineering teams throughout Microsoft, as well as with marketing and public relations teams to help protect billions of customers. This role focuses on the growth and management of products and cloud services from a security perspective, and will require involvement in the authoring of MSRC communications including security bulletins and security advisories.
- A minimum of 2 years of successful experience in program management of cross-team content/product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts
- Able to evaluate and prioritize work based on risk
- Have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change
- Knowledge of the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Professional case management, triage or release experience
- Experience investigating security vulnerabilities and exploits
- Experience debugging code
- Experience in product development and product release
- Experience in creating content for security or technology professionals
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.