|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve ourmission.
Do you possess strongleadership,communicationsand consultative capabilities? Microsoft is seeking aDigitalSales Managerwith deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Marketing and Sales Center for ourbrand newDemand Response team targeted towards managed Enterprise and Corporate account leads. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern sales technology, big data, and analytics to drive impactful and targeted sales coverage.
As theDigitalSalesManager, you will manage a team ofhighly talentedand skilledsellersdriving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members.The Demand Response team consists of highly capablesales peoplethat drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities are to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way to dealclose.
- Build, motivate and mentor ahigh functioningsellersto lead and drive sales conversations; hire new sellers.
- Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team targets by generating sales pipeline, acceleratingopportunitiesand driving to close.
- Lead team to engage accounts to drive usage, consumption, up-sell, and cross-sell based on strategic plans and needs.
- Assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management.
- Lead team members through example. Lead and coach team members through strong coaching of their customer sales engagement, prospecting, renewals, and solution plays.
- Coach teams to excel at opportunity and management, to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly, and quarterly engagements.
- Coach team members in modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers. Coach team members in the usage of state-of-the-art Digital tools to plan, prospect and engage customers.
- Report on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and deliverindustrybusiness insights,andtrendsto drive ongoing performance improvements.
- Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity, and accuracy.
- Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles through direct engagement and through engagement with other managers in SMC-Corporateand Enterprise.
- Help sellers to scale through co-selling with partners to provide the best solution to address customer needs.
- Improve sales and technicalreadinessviamentoring;supportteamprofessional development and growth.
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors.
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience.
- As aManagerin theSmall, Medium, and Corporate (SMC)organization, you will be expected to foster a culture that embodies “Model, Coach and Care”, with deliberate focus on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing team by creating a culture of inclusion and learning.
- Model our performance and development philosophy by:driving impact-oriented collaborationthat seeks diverse perspectives and ideas to make a difference for our customers; providing timely, actionable feedback that enables each employee to learn, adjust, grow, and deliver increasingly greater impact; creating mutual accountability for driving team, business, and customer results and coaching to reinforce a high-performing and transforming organization.
- 4+ years of technology related sales or business development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email,videoconferencingand face to face meeting.
- Strongleadership skills with the ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers to improve.
- Experience, background, and confidence to initiate and drive business strategy discussions with C-level executives and business decision makers around industry drivers and workloads.
- Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close,collaborate with Enterprise and Corporate Specialists, andengage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success.
- General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about systems, processes, products, and services quickly and accurately.
- Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus.
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world.
- Proven relationship management and negotiation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.