|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Digital Sales organization is an organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage. TheDigital Sales Representative–CloudAcquisitionroleis focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume through the generation of new opportunitiesthat result in additional customer revenue. As aDigital SalesRepresentative, you will work closely with Specialistsand Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunitiesin our managed accounts. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft solutions can add long-term value.
- Engage with Enterprise and Corporate managed account customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine their needs and identify opportunities tofulfilltheir needs with Microsoft's leading cloudtechnologies.
- Effectively turn prospects and qualifiedAccount Based Marketingleads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by filtering them through different criteria,e.g.BANT (budget, authority, need and timeline).
- Identify and explain how businesses across industries, company sizes and types can meet a new bar for excellence and reinvent. themselves to compete in the next decade by embracing Microsoft’stechnologies.
- Position competitive offerings and solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences; provide technical product overview and insights pertinent to customer need and usagescenarios.
- Demonstrate verbally, in writing and through live product demos, how customers can capture value and envision their future with Microsoft’stechnologies.
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by filtering them through different criteria,e.g.BANT (budget, authority, need and timeline)and collaborating with Technical Specialists.
- Be the first contact point for many customers, deliver a strong first impression and set the foundation for long term customerrelationship.
- Quarterback sales from lead to purchase; be the main point of contact for Microsoft's customers, leading the sales strategy, overcoming objections and negotiatingsuccess.
- Meet and exceedcustomer acquisition targets;accurately forecast sales, pipeline and usage for the products and solutions in yourscope.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic teaming environment with TechnicalSpecialists, Sales Representatives andTerritory Channel Managersto effectively manage opportunities and pipeline through the salescycle.
- Leverage social, digital, video, chat, phone and demonstration environments to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers maintain high daily activity, minimum ~60-90 activities/day.
- Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals andobjectives.
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagementexperience.
- Remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customersatisfaction.
- 2+ years’ experience selling cloud services to large/global enterprise and corporate customers with experience in immersive and inclusive learningexperiences.
- Prioritization. Effective time management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, services/partner engagement, opportunity management and pipeline managementrequired.
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to line of business decision makers, technical decision makers & enterprise and corporate solution architects by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteriapreferred.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies, specifically solutions related to cloud native apps - containers & serverless, microservices, migration to cloud, Hybrid cloud, datacenter infrastructure modernization, DevOps/DevTest required.
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead virtual teams through influencerequired
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud deals and effectively leveraging the right partners and Microsoft engineering resourcespreferred.
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud platform competitor landscapepreferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.