|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you passionate about delivering solutions to help Microsoft’s customers, and do you love to solve challenging problems through innovative engineering of end-to-end customer experience solutions? Are you naturally curious, deeply technical, and have experience building products and services? Do you want an agile and collaborative environment where you can tackle challenges that deliver immediate and measurable business impact? Microsoft Core Platform Engineering is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions based on Modern Engineering principles across a variety of channels, allowing our customers to get the support they need, when they need it, for any of Microsoft’s products and services!
As a Software Engineer 2 for our engineering platforms, you will be at the heart of Microsoft’s modern engineering process, building software that empowers engineering teams to deliver industry leading products. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health. We are growing a strong, diverse team of engineers and have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more
- Meeting with internal customers to understand feature requirements.
- Contributing to the DevOps process.
- Designing and developing large scale distributed software and network solutions.
- Collaborating with team members to come up with new ways to solve old problems.
- Driving modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Proven ability for being a change catalyst and driving innovation.
- Working knowledge of source control tools such as Git, CVS, SVN, VSTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
Preferred, not required:
- Developing in cloud environments with containers and microservices.
- Developing APIs to expose functionality and data.
- Big Data, databases and advanced analytics.
- Experience with data science and machine learning.
- Experience with automation and workload technologies (Python/Ansible/Chef/Puppet).
- Excellent IP and Internet networking fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze complex networking domains and write reusable code that simplifies and abstracts the underlying systems.
- An ability to manage your workload and self-prioritize in an Agile fashion.
- The people skills to work cross-functionally with engineers, software developers, and leadership.
#CSEO #CPE #E360
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.