|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s cloud services. Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider available in 50+ regions. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/services/
Microsoft Runs on Trust: As we drive to be the leading cloud provider in the world, security is a foundational component of customer trust. Azure Security must simplify security, ensure a great customer experience, and create a responsive engineering feedback loop. Azure Security Assurance is looking for motivated security professionals to join our team!
The Security Assurance PM team is responsible for driving the effectiveness of security initiatives throughout Azure. We are committed to simplifying security enabling engineers to write secure code, operate services securely, and mitigate threats; all without impeding engineering velocity. In this role you will own, evolve, and drive improvements to our security review program. You will conduct security reviews, simplify and automate the assessment process, create technical content, and provide guidance to engineers developing services. This role may also include on-call responsibilities.
Joining this team, you will have an opportunity to work with engineers across the company to shape the security state of Azure!
- Design or evolve automation, tools, and programs to shift security objectives “to the left”
- Design automation to simplify the security assessment process
- Perform technical security reviews and risk assessments
- Provide excellent security guidance and create technical content
- Work across organizational boundaries to coordinate with other subject matter experts and achieve shared objectives
- Conduct virtual and in-person customer and partner engineering sessions
- Evaluate and quantify feedback from customers and partners and set project direction
- Using the OKR framework, define key results and establish data-driven processes to achieve to the desired outcome
- 5+ years of experience in computer software industry including 2 years of software program/product management experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, Risk Management, Mathematics or equivalent experience
Security Clearance Requirements - Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- US Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- CISSP, Security+, or SANS SEC401 Security Essentials training or certification
- Deep understanding of networking, web platforms, and cloud technology
- Working knowledge of the Security Development Lifecycle, static/dynamic analysis tools, and threat modeling
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new security technologies
- Comfortable presenting technical security content internally and to external customers and partners
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Customer Obsession: Desire and eagerness to help customers successfully deploy our technologies
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment where new challenges exist around every corner
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to take on complex systems and processes and drive simplification and improvements
- Self-started, who can deal with ambiguity, maintains focus, drives to clarity and provides innovative solutions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.