|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s cloud services. Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider available in 50+ regions. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/global-infrastructure/services/
Microsoft Runs on Trust: As we drive to be the leading cloud provider in the world, security is a foundational component of customer trust. Azure Security must simplify security, ensure a great customer experience, and create a responsive engineering feedback loop. Azure Security Assurance is looking for motivated security professionals to join our team!
In this role, you will conduct design and network-level analysis of Azure services and offerings, ensuring adherence to the organization’s baselines and security best practices. You will analyze requests and perform technical risk assessments to inform business decisions. You will provide guidance to service teams regarding secure software design and Microsoft’s SDL (Security Development Lifecycle). This role may also include on-call responsibilities.
Joining this team, you will have an opportunity to work with engineers across the company to shape the security state of Azure!
- Analyze architecture designs, identify security risks, and provide appropriate technical mitigations
- Analyze network-level security controls including firewalls, Network Security Groups, and Access Control Lists
- Analyze security data and create reporting to inform business decision makers
- Provide excellent security guidance and support to Azure service teams though support queues and service requests
- Evaluate security risks and their impact on the Azure platform
- Create technical content and documentation for other analysts and service teams
- Design automation to validate adherence to security requirements
- Work across organizational boundaries to coordinate with other subject matter experts and achieve shared objectives
- Conduct virtual and in-person customer and partner engineering sessions
- 1+ years of experience in information security, network security, or cloud security
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, Risk Management, Mathematics or equivalent experience
Security Clearance Requirements - Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- US Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- CISSP, Security+, CEH, or GIAC: GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GWEB
- Working knowledge of the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), static/dynamic analysis, and threat modeling
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies
- Ability to work across a geographically separated team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Customer Obsession: Desire and eagerness to help customers successfully deploy our technologies
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, who can deal with ambiguity, maintains focus, drive to clarity and provide innovative solutions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.