|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Azure is experiencing explosive growth and innovation connecting people, services, and devices around the world. From cloud game streaming to data services, the hardware we design is fundamentally changing the data center and contributing to the success of millions of customers.
The Azure Hardware team is looking for a Principle Program Manager to lead the engineering efficiency investment portfolio. As a member of the Cloud Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering team you will work across the Azure organization to develop and coordinate transformational change in end-to-end engineering process for hardware technology development. This role requires someone who has a strategic mindset with a deep understanding of hardware development and manufacturing processes and a bias for action; thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and easily partners successfully with a wide group of stakeholders, from senior leaders to individual contributors and support staff.
Successful candidates should have a proven capability for technical program management, organizational skills, culture and change management experience and an ability to execute in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
Come join this exciting and growing team on our monumental evolution of Azure cloud hardware and Microsoft!
- Create and manage a multi-year portfolio of investment opportunities for optimizing and enhancing the engineering processes
- Quantify investment impact, define success criteria, key requirements
- Measure, rank and prioritize programs and projects
- Align key stakeholders, and manage projects through milestones to completion on schedule and in budget
- Communicate and present program plans and status with management
- Monitor and measure engineering impact and performance results by tracking key performance indicators
- Bachelors' Degree or higher preferably in Computer Engineering, EE, or equivalent engineering field
- 10+ years of technical program management or project management experience or a technical role with systems engineering experience
- Project experience working across hardware and low-level (driver, firmware, kernel mode) software teams
- Experience in management of complex cross-functional, cross-business, cross-disciplinary projects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, assess opportunities and develop principles to prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options, and drive issues to closure with a high bar on quality
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with a wide range of business stakeholders to achieve results and impact
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.