|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Field Manager you will be the primary service contact and interface on a regular basis (onsite and remotely) with the assigned customers at various levels from technicians to management. This includes all aspects of the Operational Networks provided by Microsoft and running at the customer, be it regular status reviews on open cases, dealing with logistics on a per need basis, escalation of overdue tickets, and involvement in real-time problem management, escalations or follow on sales and change requests.
The candidate will be responsible for developing proper metrics and KPIs and reporting on the same as required to fit the customer’s needs, also to be able to fulfill the maintenance contract with respect to SLA’s.
Responsibilities will include reporting on status and issues internally and acting as customer advocate.
- Build sound working relationship with customer based on mutual trust and open communication
- Take responsibility for the service contract with the customer and SLA management
- Be the first escalation contact for the customer
- Support and manage Operational and project related activities (e.g. network enhancements, software migrations, Change Requests) and work together with PMs assigned to manage Changes/projects which may impact the operational network
- Provide regular status reports to customers and own organization
- Create and provide relevant metrics to measure SLA compliance, network KPIs etc. as agreed with the particular customer
- Travel required as needed for customer meetings and in support of sales
- 10 plus years’ experience in Service, Support, Vendor or Customer Management.
- A Telecom or IP/IT service provider background with experience of either Operations or Technical Support Management or Service Management of a carrier class network
- Excellent written and spoken language communication skills in English.
- Spanish, French and German and/or other languages are a plus
- Experience of People Management – ideally in a matrix organization
- Experience building relationships with customers at all levels
- Ability to work unsupervised in a rapidly changing structure
- Ability to drive and facilitate solutions to unexpected issues
- Ability to maintain equilibrium and calm in crises and stress
- CRM Experience and delivery management experience are a plus
The following skills would be desirable:
- Technical Support (ideally with a large vendor)
- Project Management/Service Management
- Carrier-Class vEPC familiarity
- Understanding of virtualization in Telecoms
- Affirmed Networks technology understanding
- Understanding of Operational Telecoms Network Management
- Understanding of Telecoms Service Delivery models
Education: Candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.