|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering measures of success for hardware design, qualification, fleet support, scale, and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for an SSD Hardware Engineer to join the team.
- End to end process development and support with respect to storage devices in the cloud environment. Support and drive new features and functions to define next generation SSD/HDD’s
- Actively support Azure service stakeholders and teams of engineers to clearly define and communicate storage device requirements, features, expectations, and schedules.
- Technical program management and vendor management with respect to storage devices used in Azure cloud compute and storage environments.
- Ability to lead collaborative technical projects from conception to successful implementation.
- Manage multiple vendors deliverables, commitments, and issues for both NPI and sustaining engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant field
- 2+ years of SSD/ HDD or systems development, support, or storage device evaluation.
- Understanding of industry scripting storage test tools in Linux and Windows. Scripting experience with PowerShell, Perl, Python and batch files. Coding experience with C++ and C#
- Debugging and validation skills in order to analyze systems and break down complex issues.
- Experience with cloud storage device deployment and fleet management.
- Strong communication skills to present and educate on memory technologies and techniques. Collaborative mind-set. A team player.
- M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and related experience.
- 5+ years of HDD, SSD or systems development, cloud environments, and storage device evaluation.
- Be a self-starter and a leader that can maintain focus and deliver results consistently that drive business capability value.
- Drive through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision. Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure in an extremely volatile and high paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience providing project status to line and senior management.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.