|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our cloud services' infrastructure supports more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses around the world every day. We opened our first data center in 1989 and since then we have invested over $15 billion in our cloud infrastructure to support the growing customer demand for our cloud services. Do you want to be at the center of the next largest IT industry? Are you looking to enhance your expertise and grow within a dynamic team of world-leading cloud professionals? If so, then you are looking in the right place!
The Cloud Hardware Experience Engineering Team within Azure Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering group is responsible for providing and servicing the hardware that powers our datacenters, improving customer experience, and manage the hardware quality of Microsoft Azure. We are looking for a passionate Principal HW Engineer with exceptional knowledge of services and hands-on experience with building and maintaining scalable infrastructures. You will be working with the latest technologies that go into building a hyperscale cloud services.
- Ensure that the customer experience through HW is maintained and/or improved by developing and deploying through management infrastructure services, diagnostics, and telemetry services to remediate/manage server hardware throughout Azure’s data centers.
- Manage joint engineering, diagnostic, and operational efforts to improve, maintain, and support uninterrupted availability of deployed Microsoft cloud server hardware on which MSFT cloud services run
- Develop software tooling and automation to remediate server hardware and improves the quality of Azure Hardware.
- Identify fixes or drive for fixes addressing systemic issues to improve Azure customer experience
- Collaborate with hardware system engineering and architects to determine end to end verifications are of quality
- Coordinate cross-functional engagement and cooperation for various types of initiatives, e.g., global remediation actions or internal business initiatives, that often span internal Microsoft teams (Continuity of Supply, Sourcing, Engineering) and/or external technology partners or suppliers. Demonstrated leadership in the identification, actioning, and impactful closure of efficiency and effectiveness improvements necessary to meet/exceed committed Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Bachelor’s required in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field
- Deep understanding of modern server architectures, including datacenter operations and workflows
- Experience in working with high-performance engineering teams that delivers results and impact
- Engineering experience in developing tools to debug and remedy quality issues against key metrics.
- Capable of technical deep dives into service design, operating systems, networking and storage
- Passion for customer experience and learning world class techniques and tools
- Individual effectiveness skills such as discipline, time management, decision making, planning and organizing work, summarizing results through technical reports (ADO, MS Office) are highly desired
- Self-driven, self-motivated individual, must be able work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment and across the team of engineers
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving Environment
- Knowledge and working experience in data mining, statistics, mathematics is a plus
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft’s Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft’s online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.