|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Microsoft Health Next, our goal is to accelerate innovation by bringing new AI and cloud- based services to life, to improve health outcomes and lower costs. Our team drives the cross-company strategy for healthcare and life sciences, and builds and applies Microsoft's deep technical assets to improve healthcare and health equity around the world.
One critical problem is physician burn-out. For every hour doctors spend with their patients, they spend two hours on process and clerical tasks. Through our EmpowerMD incubation, we examined ambient intelligence for the clinic to allow doctors focus on what they do best: taking care of patients. Through our co-development partnership with Nuance Communications, we are now taking ambient clinical intelligence to market.
#healthcare #healthai #empowermd #microsoft #ai #msfthealthcare
In your role as Principal SDE Manager, Ambient Intelligence, you will work on real-world problems to create new meaning out of patient and provider conversations. Your contributions will impact Microsoft's healthcare technical and product strategy and you will work side-by-side with our data scientists and product managers to deliver healthcare AI innovation projects and commercial solutions. An entrepreneurial, start-up approach and willingness to take end-to-end ownership are key, as is the ability to truly partner and collaborate across organizations.
As a key leader of our multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Be on point for a strategic co-development with a Healthcare ISV; collaborate closely with partner teams inside & outside of Microsoft
- Leverage full-stack software engineering management skills to deliver a better user experience to health care professionals
- Lead your team to design, develop, and monitor cloud services and distributed systems
- Lead your team to manage the development of useful and performant UI using modern web frameworks
- Expand our ML engineering infrastructure to support a team of data scientists across the full lifecycle of data acquisition, annotation, modeling, and deployment
- Show creativity and curiosity to build integration proof of concepts across the Microsoft and partner ecosystems
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in the difficult, competitive, and exciting industry of healthcare
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar (Engineering, Math, Physics)
- 8+ years of software development experience delivering commercial software / online services, including 3+ years as a manager
- 3+ years of experience developing, deploying, and monitoring cloud services
- Demonstrated success leading technical collaborations and working directly with key customers/partners
- Experience with machine learning/AI via frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffe etc.
- Experience with ReactJS, Angular, Vue, or other modern UI framework
- Experience with Azure services like Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL, Key Vault, Azure DevOps, Azure Databricks, Azure Machine Learning
- Experience with Speech, NLP and other AI-driven applications
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Health technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.