|Job Type:||Full Time|
The DPS & IoT Business Operations team mission is to help our Device Partners build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions.
The Partner Business Operations (PBO) team supporting the DPS & IoT business manage the operational relationship with third party Device Partners of all sizes, from large multinational PC manufacturers to smaller IoT OEMs building smart devices and everything in between. The team partners with Customers and other Microsoft groups to launch new products, programs, systems or capabilities that support our business goals and strategies.
If you love working closely with partners and are passionate about helping our partners to do business with Microsoft, then we invite you to learn more about the DPS & IoT Partner Business Operations team. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
Sitting within the Partner Business Operations team, Partner Business Managers (PBM) are responsible for readying, launching and enabling our Device Partners. Key responsibilities of this include:
- Launch Planning – leading or participating in cross-group launch teams with ownership of readiness plans, Partner engagement and communications plans as well as internal and external training plans, ensuring adherence to Microsoft launch frameworks at all times.
- Communications/Training: Creating and owning communication and training plans.
- Voice of the Partner & Field: Effectively represent the voice of the customer across multiple groups within Microsoft. Use multiple listening mechanisms to ensure partner experiences and feedback is captured and are used to influence new/improved operational capabilities that make it easier to do business with Microsoft.
- Manage & track Partner adoption taking necessary action to meet launch and adoption timelines for Device Partners.
- One Microsoft: look across Operations & Microsoft to identify / leverage best practices to drive seamless experiences for our partners
- Support: act as the primary partner readiness launch support point of contact for OEM Operations launch teams and the OEM PBO team.
- Continuous Improvement: Apply a continuous improvement mindset to everything we do, using data and business insights to improve Partner Experiences, support processes or existing readiness models, tools and communications modes.
- A Bachelors degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- 5+years’ experience in Operations, Program Management, or Project Management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly articulate complex subjects to a global audience.
- Ability to simplify complex situations and apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Partner Channel Management and/or Customer relationship management.
- Ability to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously, working under continual deadline constraints.
- Excellent project and process management skills with the ability to own planning, scheduling & coordinating.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems by applying knowledge and judgment to identify approach and methods.
- Demonstrated impact and influence skills, including cross-boundary collaboration and the ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to manage sensitive, business impacting information, and closely control dissemination.
- Confidence in self and organization, and a ‘can-do’ attitude in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work effectively with numerous virtual teams of diverse backgrounds.
- Have Microsoft Partner program knowledge (OEM, CSP, for example) and/or experience working with partners in some capacity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.