|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are growing Microsoft’s portfolio of cybersecurity and compliance products to help our customers stay secure and compliant as they digitally transform their businesses and scale-up remote work and education. Microsoft’s product portfolio spans security, compliance, identity, and management (SCIM) and covers end user identities, devices, IoT, networks, servers as well as on-prem workloads and cloud workloads. We are investing to grow this business and are looking for an individual to drive pricing and licensing packaging content and readiness for internal teams and customers across Microsoft’s SCIM portfolio of products.
In this critical role, you will be part of a high impact team that drives the business strategy, packaging, pricing and licensing for Microsoft’s cyber security products across Microsoft 365, Azure, and cross-platform apps, devices and clouds. You will partner with business planners, product marketing managers, licensing teams, and sales teams to manage licensing and pricing readiness across SCIM products and ensure that key stakeholders, and our sales executives are able to engage customers with clarity, confidence, and purpose. This role requires business acumen, strong cross-group collaboration, disciplined project management skills, and excellent communication skills.
This is a tremendous opportunity to drive measurable impact in one of the company’s fastest growing and strategically significant solution areas. This role is positioned for growth and expansion of responsibilities over time.
- Own licensing disclosures, readiness materials (FAQs, licensing decks, etc.), and supplemental licensing support across Microsoft’s security, compliance, identity, and management products
- Draft and distribute licensing disclosures, including coordinating messaging, and timing with cross-team stakeholders (PMMs, Business Planners, BG Leads, Licensing Executives, Commercial Solutions Executives, Commercial Licensing Leads, Field & Partner teams, and Operations/Support teams).
- Represent Security Business Planning team in licensing readiness workstreams for launches and provide supplemental licensing support
- Develop licensing readiness materials for product launches ensuring all key stakeholders contribute to, review, and approve materials prior to publishing.
- Manage on-going maintenance and publishing of licensing assets, including monitoring and responding to update requests submitted through intake form.
- Develop quarterly reporting on trends and feedback from the field based on data from Commercial licensing team
- Act as central contact to intake, prioritize and resolve priority licensing issues that are not able to be resolved by the first-line licensing team
- Assist with the management of the sales community by posting relevant field product licensing announcements and answering corresponding field questions when appropriate.
- Help identify and drive process improvements for Licensing Readiness.
- Develop licensing subject matter expertise to help address ad hoc escalations and questions that require business planning input or resolution.
The successful candidate will be a results-oriented problem solver with the ability to synthesize and document key licensing information, lead field and internal stakeholder communications, manage disciplined cross-group execution, and ensure that teams are ready to drive business impact.
- 5+ years of experience in program management, licensing, product marketing and management, or relevant product/licensing readiness experience is required.
- Previous experience in the tech industry preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Possess a growth mindset and thrive in unstructured situations
- Demonstrated track record of clear strategic thinking, excellent business analytics, quantitative problem solving, and material business impact
- Strong project management skills with detail orientation
- Inspire confidence in senior leaders and cross-group stakeholders
- Have excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Be a strong team player
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.