|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy software development, distributed systems, cloud native platforms/eco-systems, and working directly with customer and product engineering teams?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
The CSE Cloud Native Platforms and Services Tech Domain team is looking for software engineers with a proven track record of driving customer success, delivering software solutions, and a passion for distributed systems and cloud native platforms. Our team codes with customer, partner and product engineering teams on their hardest challenges to unblock and accelerate progress. In the process, we capture learnings and develop reusable code, templates, product feedback, and guidance to improve our platforms and scale impact across CSE and our customers.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. We’re looking for the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
- Contribute to our software engineering projects to deliver well-defined products that generate immediate customer value and deliver high-quality, broadly applicable software contributions
- Collaborate with customers’ engineers to deliver solutions using a wide range of technologies
- Develop deep technical relationships with Azure engineering teams to influence roadmaps based on customer insights
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to the broader CSE team in the Cloud Native Platforms and Services space
- Continuously build your technical knowledge, provide technical leadership, and mentor junior team members to drive excellence in engineering as a cohesive, efficient, and productive unit
- In CSE, the Senior software engineering role is 80% hands-on and rest will be focusing on architecture & design, upskilling, mentoring the team
We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities below.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and delivery on production systems
- 2+ years of experience in public cloud based software engineering
- Strong verbal and written communications for Executive audiences.
- Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building cloud services
- Deep understanding of and passion for distributed systems, Kubernetes, and cloud technologies, including business drivers and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
- Experience working within and directing geographically disperse, diverse, and virtual teams
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers. If you love writing quality code and learning new technologies, enjoy thinking about challenging engineering problems and, above all, if you’re excited to join a team of others to do the same, then we’d love to hear from you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.