|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Arc simplifies governance and management of customer hybrid infrastructure and workloads by delivering a consistent multi-cloud and on-premises management platform. Azure Arc enabled Kubernetes allows customers to manage all their Kubernetes environments, at scale, and located anywhere, with a single control plane. By projecting Kubernetes clusters into Azure Resource Manager, customers can manage application deployments and cluster configuration consistently across all their clusters; easily adopt DevOps techniques, such as infrastructure as code; and deploy 1st and 3rd party operators to the clusters, thus bring Azure cloud functionality on premises and across clouds.
You will be joining us in building the next wave of features for Azure Arc enabled Kubernetes and Arc Platform, allowing customers to manage Kubernetes clusters from Azure across cloud, datacenters, and edge. As Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, and running large-scale services in production. You will be integrating with other Azure services and creating solutions using C#, Go, Python, Kubernetes, Linux, Docker & other open-source technologies.
- 4+ years of experience in commercial software development. (Required)
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. (Required)
- Experience in building, shipping, and operating reliable, distributed systems software. (Required)
- Experience in Golang and Linux. (preferred)
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes. (preferred)
- Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices. (preferred)
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience building RESTful services.
- Experience developing software hosted in Azure, AWS, or other similar Cloud platforms.
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.