Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Do you love the challenge of taking on big, complex projects and driving them to successful completion? Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing, successful company as we continue to scale for more growth? If so, let’s talk!
We are looking for a Head of Global Legal Operations to join our growing Legal team. We’re seeking an experienced leader with strong business insight who has the ability to define and execute on a vision for an outstanding legal operations function. The right candidate can also effectively drive and lead change across legal and cross-functionally throughout the company.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Build and execute a long-term technology roadmap to drive legal operations effectiveness and efficiencies. This includes technology and processes to address invoice management, legal vendor management, contract management, compliance management, litigation, knowledge management, and anything else to help us build for scale.
- Showcase your strong analytical skills by documenting, collecting, analyzing, and reporting relevant data to improve legal operations.
- Facilitate, create, and execute the Legal team’s long-term strategic and operational planning process and follow-on actions. This includes working with the leadership team to align on priorities and create accompanying OKRs, and reporting on key operational and substantive metrics.
- Handle the budget for the Legal team, closely partner with our Finance team to drive responsible spending, and make and implement budget recommendations to the Legal leadership team.
- Create a legal vendor management program to ensure quality outside counsel support at the right rates and under optimal fee arrangements. Hold regular business reviews with Legal partners. Negotiate fee agreements with legal vendors. Drive governance and enforcement of vendor billing guidelines. Use e-billing solutions to carry out guidelines in an automated fashion.
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as our People, IT, Sales Ops, Procurement, and Finance teams to build on established partnerships, drive strategic company-wide initiatives, and collaborate on projects.
- Organize and manage legal and department institutional knowledge via the creation of a centralized knowledge management repository, and standardizing processes, policies, practices, nomenclature, and templates.
- Assist with litigation support and intellectual property management. Support e-discovery, legal hold process, and document review.
- Keep current on the latest legal operations industry trends and developments.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of legal operations experience as a strategic partner working with a globally-focused Legal team.
- A history of successful collaboration with Legal and cross-functional teams in building process improvements, operational excellence, and superior customer service and experience.
- Experience with project management, process design, analytics and metrics, and in-house Legal support models.
- The power to drive strategic and tactical objectives, and the aptitude to shift between both on the fly.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong partner alignment and leadership skills in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to handle contending priorities in a dynamic environment
- High integrity, humility, a healthy sense of humor, and a how-can-I-help, get-it-done demeanor.
- Process improvement oriented with experience reducing manual work and increasing operational efficiencies.
- Hands on experience with Jira and legal software solutions (i.e. contract lifecycle management, legal matter management/e-billing, workflow automation, knowledge management).
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.