|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in helping deliver a secure product & services that target at a multi-billion unit market? Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU based devices to the internet. 9 billion MCU based devices are shipped every year, and our team is building a turn-key, end-to-end secure platform for the internet of things. Our team develops Azure Sphere, the newly announced Microsoft solution for highly-secured, Internet-connected microcontroller (MCU) devices.
We work in small, collaborative groups in Microsoft's Azure Division to build the Azure Sphere Security Services, operating system, developer experience, and tools. The Azure Sphere Security Services guard every Azure Sphere device; brokering trust for device-to-device and device-to-cloud communication through certificate-based authentication, detecting emerging security threats across the entire Azure Sphere ecosystem through online failure reporting, and renewing security through software updates. This is a unique position to help us define, design, deliver, and run a very large Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) service as one of the 7 properties of highly secure devices for the Azure Sphere Security Services. The services must operate a secure PKI to manage a very large set of Certificate Authorities (CA), issue certificates to billions of devices on a daily basis, run device authentication and attestation protocols, ensure security of cryptographic keys in always-on highly scalable CA services, manage complex certificate issuance policies, combine cryptographic agility with automated key management, all in an environment where Internet-exposed endpoints endure a variety of attacks.
- Design and implement features in V1 projects in collaboration with teammates that must scale to support 100s of millions to billions of devices.
- Ensure the best of breed services security, cryptographic agility, and seamless key management across all services.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- Design and build highly available robust and reliable services.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, testing, and production readiness of the services you build.
- Collaborating with dev teams across the Azure Sphere product, hardware, OS, tooling, and other Microsoft groups to deliver the best solution for our customers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher preferrably in computer science, engineering, science, or math or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience designing, developing, and shipping security services.
- 5+ years of relevant software design and development in C#, Java, C++, or equivalent languages.
- 2+ years experience designing, developing, and shipping large scale services.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience building Cryptographic Key Management and Public Key Infrastructure Services
- 2+ years of experience shipping services in Windows Azure, AWS or GCP
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to the final product.
- Proven collaboration skills with other engineers within the same team as well as across business groups
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.