|Location:||Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Vendor Planner develops supply plan for all components /vendors under his/her responsibilities- Assures the ideal components inventory levels to satisfy the production plan on time and meet customer demands. Placement of timely requisitions, POs, vendor delivery management, manages inventory levels to not have excess or PFO risks, escalates commercial issues.
- Reviews and analyzes MRP's suggested planned orders requirements, places reqs and POs on a timely manner- Manages req's conversion and PO placement in line with lead times and suggested orders
- Follows and establishes practices that ensure the correct administration of the MPS/MRP/CAP parameters for vendor planning, the appropriate use of the system and compliance
- Follows practices and task that ensure the service metrics achievement (See KPIs section)
- Manages plant's planned order requirements according to inventory policy and vendor lead times.
- Direct contact with customers to establish agreements and coordinate on time delivery.
- Responsible for administration of the expected inventory levels of purchased parts in the plant - taking into account flow and space limitations
- Manages vendor capacities / resources based on the analysis of the demand, forecast, and manufacturing tendencies to provide information to management to support the decision making process.
- Govern planning practices and communication tools and ensures compliance according to the quality system requirements.
- Management of Vendors and improve relationship (Partnership)
- Complies and contributes the achievement of EHS indicators
- Makes proyections for KPIs and financial and Operations indicators as requested by top Management
- Attends and participates in meetings related to his/her functions-- makes presentations as required for his KPIs
- Assures components availaibility at the plant to complete MPS
- Reviews and takes actions on his/her inventory levels- Optimizes space and inventory in support of Plant objectives
- Works in close coordination with sourcing team in support of cost reduction objectives, quality and logistics
What your background should Look like...
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required.
- Knowledge on purchasing and vendor management, releases, expedites, logistics
- Language fluency - English 80%
- MS Office Suite - ADVANCED LEVEL (MAINLY EXCEL)
- Certifications Desired -CPIM APICS, Six Sigma/Lean, CPIM APICS, Six Sigma/Lean,
- Materials Planning experience
- Strong communication skills, the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment, work collaboratively with your peers and train others if needed.
- Self-motivation - be able to work under pressure, be flexible, reliable and able to deliver results according to specific targets in direct support of departmental goals and objectives.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.