|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for a software engineering manager who will be part of the Digital workplace engineering team and contribute to building employee experiences on the web/mobile. Digital Workplace deals with providing access to work environments that are comfortable, functional, collaborative and efficient. It enables employees to realize their potential and helps Microsoft achieve greater business results. Microsoft Digital Workplace team provides global employees with a wide range of services essential for team collaboration and innovation, including dining/catering, shuttle/commute, meetings, reception/office upgrades/maintenance, and emergency prep and security. As an indicator to the scale of operations, this team covers 44 million square feet of office space, encompassing 600+ buildings across ~100 countries.
As a software engineering manager, you will be leading a team of engineers who design and implement next generation experiences for Microsoft employees. As a manager you will be accountable for the service implemented by the team while leading the team in DevOps in a highly automated environment with Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers
- Hold Teams and individuals accountable for results by providing clarity
- Provide expertise and lead the design and implementation of Software Services
- Guide developers in implementation and conduct regular code review
- Drive a DevOps culture establishing top engineering processes/practices
- Energize people by motivating and infusing optimism
- Drive an inclusive culture within and external to team
- Build effective Partnership with business stakeholders and Program Management
- 10+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient Web/Mobile applications at enterprise scale
- 5+ years of full-stack development software development experience including
- 5+ years of application development experience with the ability to contribute to technical architecture across web/mobile, middle tier, and data components.
- 5+ years of experience of leading software engineering team
- 4+ years of experience designing secure, scalable and cost-efficient PaaS services on the Microsoft Azure platform or equivalent cloud platform
- 2 years of experience with Live Site monitoring and operating in DevOps environment
- 4 years of building enterprise scale services on cloud platform
- 4 years of experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master)
Experience with microservices and serverless architectures
Passion for innovation and a vision for how technology can add ambient intelligence to the workplace.
- Experience shaping a DevOps culture with a vision for building and nurturing an innovative culture while maintaining a Live Site focus.
- Capability to work independently on the most complex code contributions of a feature.
- Experience in building Mobile applications for iOS and/or Android platform using React Native, Android Studio, Swift, Objective C is a great plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in leading a highly technical team and would have worked in a team environment, with experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry.
- Experience in handling senior business stakeholders for critical programs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.