|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Come join our engineering team to play an integral part in making that happen, navigating us into the future and impacting the lives of people all around the world.
The Microsoft Identity group serves over a billion active users, powering Identity experiences at the core of almost every Microsoft product and service. Identity is a booming business, quickly reaching multiple billions in revenue as part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite of services.
Azure Active Directory and Identity data is key and central to Enterprise IT infrastructure. We are seeking an architect to define the technical vision on our data architecture and build relationships across the division and Microsoft to meet customers' expectations for performance, security, reliability and availability. The role will specifically look into delivering the best-in-class notifications and APIs for the data and events that is fundamentally used across Microsoft, and has unique and impactful challenges that are afforded for it.
This is a huge opportunity to make an impact at massive scale, with room for growth in discipline, team collaboration and customer engagement.
Our group builds and maintains the core developer APIs for Azure Active Directory, a critical part of the Identity ecosystem that is essential for all services in Microsoft.
These services are essential and are needed for fundamental activities such as user, group, and application management, and impact millions of organizations and users every day.
- You are an experienced technical leader who can influence effectively cross-group and cross-company. You love building such warm and productive relationships and strive to understand the motivations and goals of the teams we’re working with and work towards better-together collaborative solutions.
- There is a lot of deep distributed systems and security technology in this job, so a background in services, identity and security is a plus though it's not a prerequisite.
- We're very focused on fundamentals and resiliency and you would have a passion for this as well. We need to ensure that we deliver the best-in-class technologies for our customers whose very livelihoods depend on the stability of our systems.
- You dive deep into our current architecture, understanding systems ranging from hardware and capacity, to deployment and data center buildout, to incident detection and mitigation. You develop and evangelize architectural plans that balance customer and business requirements, cost to implement and run, and thrive on innovating and crafting excellence from ambiguous requirements.
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing large scale software.
- Do you have experience developing and/or designing enterprise level, large scale, distributed systems?
- Do you have experience maintaining large scale systems in production environment with well-established live site processes?
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale, geo-distributed services, fronted by APIs and/or notification mechanisms for widespread developer use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline or in place of 5+ years of internship or 10+ years of industry software engineering experience.
- Hands-on engineering experience across cloud technologies, including Azure, AWS or GCP
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.