|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation seeks a new Principal Program Manager focused on reducing Microsoft’s datacenter delivery cycle time. This role will manage a portfolio of activities by segment team to programmatically reduce SLA’s improving time to market along with predictability of delivery. The scale of Microsoft’s new datacenter project requires strategic thinking to reimagine how we do business in an increasingly fast-paced market.
This role will develop creative solutions that combine knowledge of datacenters, networking requirements, long range planning and regional supply strategy. And in alignment with our Microsoft values, candidates should be committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Collaborate with internal partner teams to develop regional supply plans which comprehend the 10 year need for Land, Power, Fiber and Data Centers.
- Run multiple parallel projects across segment teams to drive end to end cycle time of data center delivery to best on planet durations.
- Work with third parties to develop and monitor analytics tools for portfolio analysis.
- Business travel required (10%-25%, subject to fluctuation with business tempo).
- 10+ years of experience in project management and development
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, engineering disciplines, business, or sustainability
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, welcoming of diverse perspectives.
- Possess an entrepreneurial, self-directed spirit and proven track record of project execution.
- Team player capable of adapting to ambiguous environments with cross-group collaboration and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Growth mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Understanding and experience in with Data Center network design.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have a clear answer.
- General understanding of data centers and cloud services
- MBA/post-graduate degree in relevant fields a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.