|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement execution activities for all outsourced global service providers supporting a wide range of business units within Microsoft Business Operations. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute on Business Process Outsourced agreements and opportunities delivering value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Business Program Manager in the systems and tools team will engage in the day-to-day operations while building the next generation version of our “processing factory”. He/she will be part of a team driving the successful development through implementation of initiatives, programs, and process changes. This includes ensuring customer satisfaction is not compromised and that cost/benefit impacts are carefully evaluated. The role is located in Reno, NV and will work directly with a number of vendor operations located in Reno, Dublin and Singapore as well as offshore locations in Asia and Europe that deliver a range of BPO services as part of our Global network of operational delivery centers.
Businesses across Microsoft are undergoing massive changes driven by new regulations, accelerating digitization, and technological advancement. We at BPO expect in-depth quality across operations, support ongoing business resilience, and maintain quality through optimized user acceptance testing before a product/feature goes live. Our aim is to help find the right balance to ensure UAT is performed across all new requirements that impact day to day operations at BPO.
A successful candidate should be comfortable working within a highly matrix-driven multinational organization, exhibit solid organizational, communication, program & project management, requirement development, testing solutions to requirements, negotiation skills, and have a strong customer focus.
- Design the next generation of processing architecture – use your process design, case management, workflow, exception management, change management, training, data structure, taxonomy, process automation and/or other process improvement skills to drive us to the next level
- Work side-by-side with the subject matter experts to develop solutions for people, process, and system improvements
- Plan, initiate, and manage technology and business projects
- Use expertise and a partnership with customers, partners, engineering, and internal clients to audit the existing processes, assess the impact of change, and prepare internal systems to launch products/services/programs/campaigns aligning to BPO’s strategy
- Gather & understand business requirements, create test scripts, conduct test execution, and perform scoping, planning, and scheduling. Validate the policy/business rules are executing per business requirements
- Conduct data analysis from multiple data sources, develop business intelligence and reporting guiding data driven decisions based on this analysis
- Be able to communicate your work and the work of the team to our broad set of stakeholders
- Be a champion of quality. Ensure quality of feature/update provided by engineering to submitted requirements
- Diligently keep watch to find new methods and push the team to better solutions
- Do cool stuff! Have fun while adding great value to Microsoft
Essential qualities include:
- Strong skills in process design, case management and workflow design, change management, training, data structure and reporting, and process automation
- A process mindset
- Experience influencing others where support is critical to success
- Demonstrable success in finding solutions in areas such as people, system, and processes
- Ability to work across multiple groups and stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience in identifying defects, investigating, developing a solution, implementing the change, and monitoring the results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multinational environment working across multiple lines of business.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of Operations or Program/Process/Systems experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience constructing or architecting systems and processes to support data, change management, training, or process improvement
- Experience writing complex requirements (people, process, systems)
- Experience in conducting and managing user acceptance testing
- Experience in operating in an outsourced vendor environment supporting a global service delivery business
- Strong project/ program management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity, working effectively within virtual teams.
- Working knowledge of international business practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project) products
- Analytical tools (JMP, Minitab)
- Dynamics365 experience or like application
- Certifications are a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.