|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for high scale services and working with some of Microsoft’s most critical customers? We’re looking for a Software Engineer with the right mix of software development, on-line services experience and passion for quality to envision, design, and deliver Office 365 government cloud service offerings.
Office 365 is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud first, devices first strategy as it brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products likeExchange, SharePoint, and Teams with our cross-platform desktop suites and mobile apps. The Office 365 Enterprise Cloud team works with Microsoft’s largest enterprise and government customers to deliver features that meet their specific needs and enable cloud adoption. As you would expect, our customers have the highest expectations for feature quality, security, reliability, availability, and performance.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, system design, and end-to-end implementation. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will identify and deliver software improvements using your expertise in software development, complexity analysis, andscalablesystem design. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant, meeting the expectations of our government customers and users.
At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a positive impact on millions of end users.
The right candidate for this job (is):
Passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalableservices
Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solvethem
Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deploymentprocesses
Smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in abottoms-up, fast-paced, highly technicalenvironment
Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships acrossteams
Unwavering passion for meeting customer demands and delivering a dial toneservice
Design, develop, and deliver the required software engineering to serve and protect O365 governmentclouds
- Own deployment, availability, reliability, performance and customer escalation targets for sovereign environments
- Proactively identify and reduce issues through design, testing, and implementation of software-based solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management partners to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and featurereleases
- Driveefficienciesthrough software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in service delivery, maturity, andscalability
- Work within a highly skilled team of engineers todeliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scalethem
Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scalethem
- 1+ years of engineering or systems experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of 4-year degree, an equivalent industry internship or industry software engineering experience
- Experience with the Microsoft cloud and/or stack including O365, Azure, Windows or other Microsoft software/services
- Experience leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operationalconcerns
- Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimizecode
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributedserviceslayers
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- TS Clearancea plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.