|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing business application in Microsoft’s history. The Microsoft Teams vision is to Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more together with industry-leading collaboration tools integrated into a hub for teamwork at work, school, and home. Join us as we take Microsoft Teams to the next level!
Our Team is looking for a passionate, creative and experienced Senior Program Manager to help us define and execute the next generation of Teams experiences. In this role you will be working within and outside of Microsoft Teams in incubating, experimenting and shipping ‘Intelligent features’ (centered in application of AI/ML) in Microsoft Teams. You will be responsible formanagingtheportfolio of investmentsin this areaworking inclosepartnership with variousAI/ML research and engineering teams in Microsoft.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We’re in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We’re also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product.
- Drive vision, strategy, and roadmapfor a broadportfolio of Intelligence/AI in Teams.
- Work witha large set of internal and external stakeholdersto develop joint product plans, gather feedback, manage dependencies, and ensure customer success.
- Define, execute and ship intelligent features by leading a diverse set of featureteams within Microsoft Teams andvariouscenters of excellence for AI/ML outside of Microsoft Teamsspread acrossmanygeographies.
- Own your feature backlog with clarity, urgency, and accountability. Manage backlogs, priorities and dependencies across teams to make sure features land on time and with high quality.
- Actively drive and present product plans and reviews, demos, and competitive analyses with the team, partnersandexecutive leadership.
- Work with product marketingteamsin building external communication & marketing plans - e.g.speaking at conferences like Ignite, Build, Enterprise Connect etc.
- 5+ years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services.
- Demonstrated experience across the entire product lifecycle – from competitive research, ideation, user centered design, specification, architecture and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
- Solid understanding of ML, AI and data technologies, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas.
- Strong project management, leadership, dependency management, negotiationand cross-group collaboration skills with a proven track record of managing complex projects with many partners.
- Innate curiosity andthe ability to thrive inanambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science ora related field is strongly preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.