|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world’s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage requirements, leverage Ready-to-Deploy solutions through engagement of Center of Excellence Teams, and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Enable release of new products through successful plan and execution of process validation activities in collaboration with R&D partners.
- Contribute to creation and continuous improvement of pFEMAs, manufacturing work instructions, process control plans and other documentation required for production release.
- Solve challenging problems by performing effective root cause analysis and developing robust corrective actions.
- Support operations performance in meeting quality, productivity and delivery objectives.
- Serve as technical expert to operations and quality peers in the support of production goals for your value stream(s).
What your background should look like:
- You have a BS Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or related engineering degree. MS a plus.
- You have 3 to 10 years industry experience with a BS degree or a MS degree.
- You bring experience with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement – six sigma and lean background a plus.
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred.
- Catheter manufacturing experience a plus.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Travel: Less than 10%
Location: Plymouth, MN, US 55442
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Jog Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial, Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing