|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Field Application Engineering (FAE) teams scout the field (traditional and new customers) seeking new or unique product applications with a specific Safety Systems view. This includes, airbags, seat belt tensioning, braking systems, vehicle stability control, driver monitoring systems, impact detection/avoidance systems, tire pressure sensing, pedestrian protection, and battery disconnect devices.
- Develop a cross-customer and cross-product line perspective
- Deep digging for applications to lead to business development opportunities and technical development.
- Apply technologies and products in different applications with systems solutions capability.
- Seek unique/critical/strategic applications for our products to solve customer gaps
- Understand the customer's strategy and technology roadmap, the competition, and trends and apply this knowledge to bring TE solutions.
- Attend industry conferences and scout technologies and applications to stay current.
- Be a catalyst and inputter in the innovation/technology pipeline road mapping.
- Analysis of customer requirements and leader of customer dialogs for interpretation and achievement of best technical solution.
- Influence solutions and RFQ. Technical linkage between customer location and remote TE sites.
- Working knowledge of applicable technical standards for implementation of new connectivity solutions.
- Develop requirements and communicate with development engineering.
What you will be doing:
Market Sensing & Strategy Development within Safety Systems
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Identify market product offerings and sponsor into PAC ahead of customer need
- Provide thought leadership and drive the process within Automotive BU of assessing the strategic fit, synergy potential, and key risks to enable the executive team to make well-informed inorganic investment decisions
- Develop new ideas and constructively challenge existing ones, for the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, and sustain competitive advantage
- Lead strategy development for opportunities that break new ground and expand total addressable market
Develop Business Plan (Achieve cross-functional alignment to the plan)
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Drive collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, and Sales to bring VOC into the business, shaping focus markets, applications, and product requirements.
- Interface between the TE Engineering design team and the customer to ensure that both sides understand the requirements and have all needed information available
- Lead coordination and early involvement of and on-time communication with all involved TE internal departments (account manager, engineering, production, quality, project management, marketing, etc. as fit)
Meet targets on the following KPI’s:
- Gross (or standard) Margin $ and %
- New product applications found
- Customer engagements
- Translation to Engineering TERP
- Build out of technology and product road map
- LEEP projects added
- Bringing business development opportunities
What your background should look like:
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- 7+ years of engineering or program management experience
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups