|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is looking to hire the first Contracts Manager to join our growing Legal team! Our ideal candidate is resourceful, capable of building strong business relationships, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will be responsible for negotiating and drafting contracts with Samsara customers, business partners, and vendors, and using your strong legal and interpersonal skills to ensure contracts are aligned with business objectives and needs. You will also focus on managing, building, and implementing contract management tools and workflows across multiple internal teams and stakeholders. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
In this role, you will:
- Draft, review, and negotiate various contracts with Samsara customers, business partners, and vendors, including software license agreements, RFP responses, reseller and other business partner agreements, vendor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Manage, build, and implement contract management tools and workflows across multiple internal teams and stakeholders that are scalable as the company grows, including with respect to common contract-related requests and tracking non-standard contract terms
- Provide legal advice on and serve as the first point of contact for contract matters, inbound contract-related requests, and non-standard contract term requests
- Manage and maintain contract templates and repositories and website terms of service
- Build strong relationships and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, including Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, Procurement, and other relevant teams
- Assist Legal team with various projects on an as-needed basis
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years of contracts management and/or contracts experience
- Attorney in good standing in the United States
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator, project manager, and team player
- Passion for driving process improvement initiatives
- Highly proactive self-starter who consistently delivers
- Adaptable, flexible, and creative
- Aptitude for building strong cross-functional working relationships
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with drafting and negotiating software license agreements
- Experience with contracts management systems
- Experience at a tech company
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.