|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a PKI expert? Do you want to help Microsoft protect its products and services in an ever-changing threat and engineering landscape? If so, the CELA Security Engineering team in is looking for a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) expert to help drive consistent PKI operations and measurable improvement across Microsoft.
Working as part of a small team, your goal will be to ensure comprehensive security and effective operations for all instances and aspects of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in use across Microsoft.
PKI establishes a platform for trustworthy operations for both Microsoft and our customers. Certificates are being used for authentication, encryption and signing and the operating environment is evolving to include cloud-based PKI services. In all uses and scenarios, it is essential to both manage the lifecycle of certificates and ensure that all components of all PKIs are engineered and operated in a robust, consistent and measurable manner. To be successful in this role, you will need deep PKI expertise to be influential across a broad community of technical experts. You will help evolve and improve existing standards to address new operating environments and identify and develop efficient and modern methods to monitor and measure compliance across a wide variety of implementations.
This role offers the opportunity to work with many security groups and PKI experts across Microsoft and have an impact improving both Microsoft and customer security. You will also grow knowledge and skills in the use of data to monitor and measure compliance.
- Assess PKI operations teams across Microsoft for compliance with internal PKI policy.
- Contribute to the improvement of robust and effective internal PKI policy requirements.
- Consult, proactively engage and coordinate with broad community of internal PKI operations and security teams at a deeply technical level.
- Use data to continuously monitor the end-to-end state of compliance for internal PKI operating groups and associated Infrastructure.
- Where security data does not exist to support compliance, work with partner teams to provide data to demonstrate the necessary compliance evidence.
The ideal candidate has practical experience of implementing and operating Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in either a security program manager, engineering or security operations role. A degree in Computer Science (or similar) is preferred, and passion for security is a must!
- Deep PKI knowledge with a minimum of 3 years experience in a technical PKI role.
- Operational and software security knowledge with hands-on cloud security experience.
- Excellent program management skills, including proven organization, prioritization and communication skills and an ability to influence others outside your team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.