|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Customer Engineer – Developer Community
The world of business is undergoing a significant change with the next Digital Revolution, the move to the cloud. Azure is at the forefront of this revolution with an ever-expanding array of services and offerings. As this shift happens the Customer Experience (CXP) team within Azure Engineering has been tasked to ensure that we build a vibrant technical community for Azure.
We are looking for passionate candidates with development experience on any of the public cloud platforms to help us redefine Azure Q&A forums and social media-based support. This role is ideal for someone who loves development as much as they love contributing to the online community. Being close to both the customers and the Azure Engineering teams, you are in a unique position to identify top product and documentation issues AND be empowered to address them by writing your own documentation and code.
As a Customer Engineer focused on our developer communities, you'll represent Microsoft and Azure as you interact directly with our community to provide effective and useful answers to their questions, in addition you will be an evangelist for developers helping them with samples and code quick starts. Our community engineers are also the voice of the customer and have a strong connection into the Azure development teams to identify recurring issues and feature requests and drive product improvements. If you enjoy coding and helping other developers, then we want you!
Why Azure CXP?
The Azure Customer Experience team is uniquely placed to disrupt the facets of the engineering-customer connect. A fast paced, startup like environment where the focus is on applying the engineering mindset and getting things done, the Azure CXP team is running tip of the spear programs in conjunction with Support, Marketing, Field and Sales to ensure customer adoption and satisfaction.
If you have an engineering mindset and are passionate about growing, developing, and nurturing a new team and are truly customer obsessed, we want you!
Areas of responsibility include:
- Engaging directly with Azure developers and IT professionals in Azure communities including Microsoft Q&A, GitHub, and Stack Overflow to answer technical questions and help solve customer problems.
- Develop code samples, quick-start and how-to guides helping customer understand complex cloud scenarios.
- Build prototype tools and models to analyze community data and improve efficiency.
- Being the voice and advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Azure customers and developers.
- Building and updating Azure product documentation to help customers deliver solutions on Azure.
- Collaborating with Engineering and other multi-functional teams on specific user-impacting issues and bugs.
- Working with other community engineers to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support.
- Understanding how our customer use Azure services to provide valuable insights to business and development teams.
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions.
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features.
- Improving internal efficiency and customer happiness by actively finding opportunities to optimize existing or new processes and tools.
- 3-5 years of experience working with enterprise customers on Azure specific solutions, cloud-based services and technologies.
- Strong passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- Demonstrable technical depth in Azure service administration, software development and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Databases Services (Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB,
Azure Databases for PostgreSQL/MySQL, Azure Cache for Redis, SQL Server on VM)
- Experience with Microsoft Relational and NoSQL databases
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong multi-tasker and self-starter with real passion for technology
- Open to working shifts (12pm-8pm, Su-Th or Tu-Sa)
- Influencer on technical communities such as Microsoft Q&A, Stack Overflow, Github and Reddit
- Passion for Blogging and/or making Videos explaining technical concepts.
- Participated in cloud conferences as a speaker.
- A deep understanding of Cloud fundamentals
- Industry experience in the related open-source databases areas – PostGreSQL, MySQL.
- Broad knowledge of Azure Database architecture and integration with WebApps, Active Directory, Functions etc.)
- Additional knowledge in Data analytics tools like Data Explorer, Kusto or Azure Data Factory etc.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.