|Location:||Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technical Advisor- Azure App Services
No two days are the same in Customer Service and Support at Microsoft. We engage in challenging and complex problem solving. We constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is open and welcoming, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and obsession for customer happiness.
We are looking for individuals who love putting out fires – people who thrive under difficult and challenging circumstances, who enjoy getting involved in tough situations and learn at the same time.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
Technical Advisors are responsible for ensuring the technical readiness and maintaining the technical wellness of the frontline engineers support staff at different vendor sites as well as internally at Microsoft. You will deliver unique value by managing engineers in terms of their technical capabilities and case management.
As a Technical Advisor, you will represent Microsoft in communications via phone, email, or web to assist customers in resolving technical issues involving Microsoft products and services. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships and build vendor/customer loyalty in Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
What are we looking for?
Growth mindset – genuine desire and motivation to learn and develop yourself. You embrace challenges and persist in the face of setbacks. You consider failure an opportunity to learn, so whatever it happens you win. You are passionate about “studying” and you are always actively seeking knowledge and more expertise.
Passion to serve customers, in fact, you are obsessed with them – you have a genuine desire to help even under the most challenging circumstances.
You can handle high pressure situations well – you maintain calm and composure on really stressful situations.
Leadership – you have strong leadership and coaching capabilities, as well as maturity and experience to understand business and customers’ needs
Finally you possess strong communication skills, the ability to work really well in a team, excellent problem-solving skills and capability to deal with changes in a really fast paced environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Have excellent communication skills to interact well with others on a regular basis as a part of the role.
- Provide technical mentoring for others and share technical expertise.
- Escalate cases as appropriate and per established guidelines.
- Proactively perform case reviews.
- Assist with developing training plans for Engineers based on skills gap analysis, product needs, etc.
- Document technical work and research in detailed and comprehensive manner
- Prioritize work in order to accomplish the most important and urgent requests first
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems
- Deep Knowledge of IIS configuration and how HTTP requests are handled by IIS.
- Knowledge and experience with .Net Framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET and Webservers – IIS, HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of how HTTP requests are handled end-to-end including HTTP headers, cookies, etc.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and the Azure SDK.
- The ability to troubleshoot complex web application issues in an often-ambiguous environment.
- Solid understanding of programming concepts such as call stacks, threading, synchronization, performance-related concepts and debugging.
- Familiarity with Azure services and offerings is a plus or experience in AWS or Google Cloud
- Familiar with code deployment models such as MSDeploy, Git, Github
Location: Las Colinas, Texas and Issaquah, Washington- USA
Primary shifts – Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples - Monday to Friday, from 10 AM to 07 PM, or 09 AM to 06 PM; it may also include weekends.
* Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed.
* This position will require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings and weekends shifts
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.