|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Manager Solution Sales- Surface is responsible for:
- Lead sellers to drive the Surface business to overachieve revenue, consumption and scorecard targets
- Develops their seller’s Solution Sales skills to sell the business outcomes of the broader Surface Team
- Demonstrate excellence in pipeline management to achieve monthly forecasts
- Compete aggressively to win new business and drive Surface market penetration while growing customer mindshare, sharing best practices and use bases with the extended community throughout
- Ensures orchestration among sales team and other teams engaging in the customer (e.g. partners, services, Engineering support, etc.)
- Maintains the pipeline and the forecast to required operational standards
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics
- Even higher levels of operational excellence. Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches Seller’s with a "challenger mentality" by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the sales organization and at Corporate levels.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead cross-team to ensure customer intent to consume cloud services sold.
- Lead cross- team to compete aggressively to win new business and drive Surface market penetration while growing customer mindshare, sharing best practices and use bases with the extended community throughout
- Lead & Coach Team to own opportunities from start to close as a v-team leader; orchestrate internal and external resources; leverage partners to scale sales on hardware refresh, upsell and expand sales motions; engage Modern Workplace, Business Application and Data & AI sellers to attach Devices.
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
- Your team will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
8+ years of experience:
- Solutionsales for Hardware and/or devices
- Sellingand managing hardware pipeline and selling devices, including Surface, Hub, and MTR, to enterprisecustomers identifyingunique and complex business challenges andsolutions
- Leadingmulti-million-dollar Modern Work and Device deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal teammembers.
- Carryingand exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing enterprisedeals
- Demonstratedpassion and commitment for customersuccess
- Strategydevelopment with multi-phase execution anddelivery
- Executivecommunications, engagement andinfluence
- Knowledgeableof the Microsoft partner ecosystem andprograms strongly preferred
5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated Sales experience in the hardware space and Sales Management experience in Enterprise sales stongly preferred.
Deep Understanding of:
- Productivity, Security and/or Compliance solutions and how they translate into business impact
- The collaboration, security, regulatory and compliance customer needs of global customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings - including Microsoft 365, Microsoft Security Solutions, Office 365-- strongly preferred
- The latest business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customerneeds.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoftsolutions.
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communicationskills.
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Sales and Pre- SalesProfessionals.
- Strong negotiatingskills
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Business Management or Industry related discipline. MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.