|Job Type:||Full Time|
Windows Commercial Devices – Windows Devices Portfolio Marketing Manager
Windows is at the center of a revolution that now sees over 1.5 billion people around the world using our products every day. Now, in a post-pandemic world, the value of the PC as a productivity and connectivity lifeline is more apparent than ever. We are seeking unconventional thinkers and leaders to tackle the challenge of building the next wave of growth within Windows through creative and innovative data-driven marketing strategies.
We are the Windows Commercial Devices Product Marketing team and we’re focused on empowering businesses and schools of all sizes to achieve more. Our team is all about making an impact and having fun along the way. Honesty, a win-together attitude, and a good sense of humor are our building blocks for a strong cohesive team. We are self-starters, ready to challenge the status-quo and we have a deep passion for technology and the impact it enables.
Since the launch of Windows 10 we have invested heavily in the area of modern commercial devices ensuring Windows 10 has a rich portfolio of the world’s best devices. We are looking for a Portfolio Marketing Manager who will work closely with our rich ecosystem of partners from silicon vendors to OEM and ODM manufacturers to ensure they are building exciting devices that aligns with software innovation we plan to bring to Windows 10.
You will leverage data both internal and external and primary and secondary sources to understand customer preferences, develop well-rounded opportunity analysis and build strong data driven product pitches to partners. You will also drive a twice a year engagement rhythm with partners where you will share our product roadmap, program changes and generate excitement to continue their deep partnership with Microsoft.
You will need to balance high level strategic thinking with a “can do” attitude and an ability to get hands on to drive action. You will need to understand our marketing approach, evaluate investments, programs and campaigns, and recommend changes across multiple functional areas. Success will be defined by your ability to find opportunities, create alignment, and drive change.
If this sounds like you and you are interested in Windows – we’d love to meet you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own commercial device priorities in partnership with Device Sales, Engineering and device technical enablement teams
- Partner with the OEM account teams and WW portfolio teams to create advocacy and drive planning
- Build strong data driven narrative on customer preferences and market opportunity for device priorities
- Collate data from multiple disparate sources to identify new opportunities for devices in market.
- Understand the target customer and opportunity to create a compelling business case for partners and internal teams.
- Partner with PMM and Engineering to ensure we have an exciting narrative for product innovations coming to Windows
- Work closely with channel marketing and sales to ensure we have right programs and right investment levels to ensure device sell-through support
- Leverage your engagement with field and partners to develop a customer listening engine to ensure that we have a feedback loop to constantly improve our sales & marketing approaches
- Passion for growing your skills in the commercial devices segment
- Demonstrated track record of success in driving device portfolio engagements in PC device ecosystem
- Comfortable running data analysis in Excel, navigate Power BI, ability to create high quality presentations
- Proven ability to quickly move from opportunity & concept, to well documented, aligned & integrated business & marketing plan
- Strong executive presence and ability to create momentum via cross-group collaboration
- Intellectually curious. Culturally plugged in. Problem solver.
- Comfort with driving transformation in an ambiguous & changing business environment
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) required. MBA, management consulting, biz dev or equivalent experience a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.