|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, Seattle, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) delivers integrated marketing experiences for Microsoft by building, running, and innovating a globally scaled engine to deliver connected customer journeys that delight customers, create fans, drive business outcomes and insight, and reflect deep functional expertise across multiple professions. The GDC supports 1,000s of marketers, $bns in spend, $bns in revenue for sales, 40+ languages, over 10,000 digital and in person events, and tens of thousands of sellers.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing capability and product manager to transform how we enable marketing and sales to drive revenue for both managed and unmanaged accounts through Account Based Marketing (ABM) programs. This includes collaborating with key business stakeholders across sales and marketing to define a capability roadmap and work with marketing operations and engineering teams to deliver new functionality. This role will be a change agent for transforming how Microsoft connects marketing and sales to drive business outcomes.
This is a mission-critical role with substantial scope, complexity, executive visibility, has a large opportunity for impact, and is central to our growth strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding Microsoft’s sales and marketing business programs, objectives, and technology needs in depth.
- Translating business needs to a capability roadmap and working with business stakeholder to define and prioritize business requirements.
- Analyzing relevant data to assist in defining business requirements and prioritize features with the highest impact.
- Working closely with engineering, other product/capability managers and marketing operations teams to deliver new functionality which supports marketing and/or sales.
- Ensuring new capabilities have the appropriate support or operational processes in place to operate over time and appropriate analytics or reporting to measure impact.
- Owning project management, communications, timelines, and dependencies to delivery new functionality.
- Maintain a clear backlog to assist in tracking project status and prioritization.
- Partnering closely with our many stakeholder teams including Robotic Operations, Core Services Engineering, Operational AI, Capability, Operational Data, Marketing Service Center, Data Services, Analytics, and Field Marketing teams.
The following are the things we are looking for from an ideal candidate:
- Ability to translate business objectives into a technology roadmap in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate hard, complex, nuanced problems in a way that people who are not close to them can understand
- Ability to partner closely with teams and stakeholders to make sure they feel heard and understood
- Ability to find the win-win for everyone even when there are conflicting priorities within and outside the team
- Strong desire to listen deeply, learn, and understand in most situations
- Ability to run and support a strong prioritization process that creates clarity for stakeholders on what will happen, and what will not happen
- Track record of meeting timelines, and honoring commitments with ability to adjust the plan and bring stakeholders along if things change
- Comfortable in large functional teams in a very complex and dynamic environment both as a participant or leader depending on the need
- 6 years of professional experience delivering marketing capability or products.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in product management, business, marketing, or a related degree.
- Domain knowledge of B2B marketing and sales or equivalent
- Experience with marketing automation (i.e. Adobe) and / or sales enablement (i.e. Dynamics 365) technologies
- Experience using Azure DevOps to manage a backlog and project plan
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.