|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a seasoned Data Product Manager join the Data Services team and help drive the transformation of how events are delivered at Microsoft, and broadly apply product thinking to data across our analytics platform. You will collaborate across multiple functions to define the vision and strategy for data as a product - defining, building and delivering data capabilities while driving user onboarding and adoption. You will also be instrumental informing analytics platform strategy and the development of internal tooling to make it easy to bring new data products to life, accelerating value from data across multiple scenarios.
- You are an experienced professional with a passion for Data and Product Management. You have had an active role in crafting a vision and strategy enabling the delivery of impactful data products and machine learning capabilities for internal and/or external customers.
- You are an evangelist for the importance and power of data to drive business impact and leverage.
- You possess a deep understanding of the data technologies landscape and stay up to date on industry knowledge and trends.
- Communication is your superpower! You can explain sophisticated concepts to a non-technical audience and translate the problems of non-technical partners into technical solutions that are feasible, usable and valuable.
- You have deep appreciation for your customers and partners and can get people to a place of understanding, even if they don’t necessarily agree.
- A plus: you have worked as an engineer in big data, machine learning or data science.
- Passion for the future of digital advertising.
- Owns the strategy and roadmap for delivery of productized data; with a focus on Events data and applying practices and methods across data product portfolio.
- Interface directly with internal and external customers to support adoption and inform product strategy.
- Continuously measures, reviews, refines and drives prioritization of the product roadmap, clearly articulating the vision and strategy to product, engineering teams and customers.
- Runs Business Reviews for their product(s) and measures product performance to ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizing options for improvement or enhancement, developing and defending the business case for new product capabilities and features.
- Tracks product team’s velocity and feedback loops, optimizing delivery to ensure the most valuable work is always delivered first.
- Works across leadership, product and analytics teams to enable end to end capabilities, driving prioritization of work across multiple product backlogs to advance the data strategy.
- Understand what is possible today vs. what requires additional investment and steer our customers to the right solutions based on the timeliness of their needs.
- 7 or more years of experience as a product and technical leader in big data infrastructure, analytics, or applied science tooling.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with engineering, managing backlogs and trade-offs, outlining technical details, and defining “done”.
- Proficient using SQL, analytics and data visualization tools to derive meaningful insights from data.
- Experience with iterative development and the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering outstanding software and services.
- Comfortable making hard decisions using a blend of quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Impeccable project management skills, juggling multiple workstreams, priorities, and stakeholders without missing a beat.
- Strong technical background with an ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
- Proven track record of growing partnerships by forging a strong relationship with internal/external clients, understanding their objectives, and recommending best strategies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced sometimes ambiguous environment, having fun doing it!
- Exceptional written, spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Domain knowledge in digital advertising, media and/or analytics, managing complex operational processes, campaign delivery, and data-driven performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical fields.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.