|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and it is Azure’s Cloud Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization that is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. CSCP’s vision is to empower customers to achieve more by delivering Cloud Capacity Differentiated at Scale. Our mission is to deliver capacity for all cloud services predictably through intelligent systems driven by continuous learning and a world class organization. The organization is responsible for Microsoft’s customer cloud promise of delivery on Elasticity and Scale at Optimal Cost and Speed. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
We are looking for a Technology leader to work on the Digital Transformation of the CSCP organization. The technologist in this role will drive the vision, architecture, and the delivery of the digital platform that powers this team. Working closely with business leadership and technology teams, this person will drive digital transformation across CSCP in this role. A successful candidate will have strong technical domain experience, ability to articulate a strategic technology vision, be well versed in the current industry technology landscape including Azure and SAP and be able to influence and shape both short term and future state technology architecture and roadmap. Also vital for success in this role is strong business acumen and leadership capabilities.
- The Director of Digital Architecture is responsible to defining the future state platform for E2E visibility and analytics leveraging Azure and industry best practices
- Manage future road map for all Digital solutions including design, architecture, development milestones, key resource allocation
- Align the organization on a unified data platform and analytics strategy which will ensure a single version of the truth
- Review Funnel of future requirements and provide key inputs on complexity, feasibility, and best practices to support prioritization process
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure quality of all deliverables
- Mentor technical leads and analytical resources and help them with their career trajectory
- Provide leadership in resource management, hiring of new resources, and training of the entire team
Expert on emerging technologies in digital
- Big Data
- Streaming Analytics
- Machine Learning and AI
- Edge computing
- API Frameworks
Deep knowledge of Enterprise Systems and Global Operations functions in Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance
- Knowledge of SAP systems and data
- Expert in integration of planning and execution systems
- Well versed in partner collaboration and supply chain visibility platforms
- Has design and implementation experience of supply chain systems and BI data warehouses
Hands on Ability to drive architecture and development
- Needs to interact with multiple engineering teams to drive architecture for Digital Platform
- Wdill manage development of data pipelines, analytical models, self-service repositories, and analytical apps with internal and external teams
- Will drive future state plans for technology, architecture, and analytical solutions for CSCP
Ability to Consult with Business Leaders
- Experience in consultative roles advising business leaders on technology and analytics
- Experience deploying technology solutions for business as a program leader
Experience and Education
- Engineering or Computer Science education, MBA Preferred
- 20 plus years’ experience in technology roles with at least 7 years in leadership position
- Hands on development experience in big data and analytics required
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.