|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to transform how government uses technology? Do you have the security, secure-isolation, networking background, cloud experience, business savvy, and an understanding of government requirements that will enable the success of Azure Government? Many agencies have adopted a Cloud First policy for new infrastructure, platform, and software investments. To support this direction Microsoft created Azure Government, a community cloud for U.S. state, local, and federal government agencies. This investment represents a significant expansion of the Azure business by supporting the unique compliance, security, and operating requirements of the customer: federal and state, local agencies.
As a Program Manager (PM) on the Azure Government Mission Platform engineering team, you will focus on helping us ensure we have the platform capabilities our customers need to meet their mission objectives securely while leveraging world class modern technology. In doing so, you enable the success of new and existing customers on Azure Government including our classified cloud regions. You will work with our teams who define security and compliance needs, educate regulators/customers, build partner ecosystems, understand market needs, design services and anything else required to unlock the government market to Azure. This is an opportunity to work across the full spectrum of engineering activities for a Hyper Scale Cloud and win a market.
As a Program Manager roles and responsibilities will include assessing technical requirements for new Government offerings or customers, working with Azure service teams to develop services, features, and market-specific solutions, providing deep Azure architecture, build, and operations expertise to customers, owning technical project management of multi-year Azure-related technical projects, tracking progress of all technical work streams against project schedule, and developing and present recurring status reports to GM, VP, and CVP levels.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a technical Program Manager
- Minimum 5 years of security, software development, or networking and infrastructure management experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Applied experience with encryption, compute and storage isolation, networking, and application security
- Exceptional communication skills are expected
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Self-managing leader who takes initiative
- Up to 20% travel may be required
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government TS/SCI security clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years of experience building Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services solutions
- Prior experience in US Department of Defense, Federal Civilian/Homeland Security, and/or State & Local Government
- NIST/CJIS/FedRAMP/DoD SRG Compliance experience with Cloud Services
- Work location is the greater Washington DC area.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.