|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about delivering technical content that helps customers use Microsoft products and services? Are you customer focused and data-driven? Do you want to lead the teams that develop content for Microsoft's Cloud & AI products?
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Content & Learning (C&L) organization within the Cloud + AI division plays a critical role in this mission by providing free technical documentation and learning experiences to individuals around the world, helping people learn, adopt, and use Microsoft technologies to achieve their goals. Within C&L, the Content organization is responsible for building trust with customers with relevant, high quality, engaging content on Microsoft Docs.
We are seeking a leader with experience in technical content development and instructional design to lead the Azure Core Content Team that creates and maintains content for Azure Compute, Networking, and Storage. The ideal candidate has strong people management and coaching skills, knowledge of cloud technologies and industry trends, and excels at cross-group collaboration. They must demonstrate a growth mindset and foster a diverse and inclusive environment where all views are heard and respected.
- Lead an organization that creates documentation for Azure services and technologies
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively communicate, engage, and be a contributing member the team
- Drive business results supporting organizational Objectives and Key Results
- Communicate progress and impact to key stakeholders through business reviews
- Identify opportunities to improve customers experiences or reduce operational inefficiencies
- Maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders across engineering, marketing, and support teams
- 10+ years of experience leading technical content or program management teams
- 3+ years of Cloud industry experience
- Excellent people management and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross-boundary collaboration skills, ability to lead with empathy, and demonstrate open and honest feedback and interactions
- Strong project management including Agile methodologies
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization and working with cross-functional teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.