|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Devices Software team is on a journey to create new experiences with Surface Duo. We believe in building devices that fully express the Microsoft vision. Fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want.
Creating these new experiences and devices involves close partnership between hardware engineers, software engineers, designers, manufacturing along with the various industry partners that closely collaborate to create industry defining firsts. It totally takes a village. Our obsession for the right experience with our passion to enable everyone to do and be their best reflects in the devices we make. Come join us as we build an organization that scales with the challenges of creating new experiences and improving the existing ones.
The Surface development team is seeking a talented senior software development leader with a strong background in shipping consumer devices.
Job responsibilities will encompass leading and designing complex architecture and design for the product across drivers, firmware, Linux kernel, Android Framework and Android applications on Surface Duo devices. The job is highly dynamic and involves working across various disciplines to successfully deliver the product with the Surface Duo experience and quality.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software and/or product development with focus on modem/cellular carriers
- 8+ years of C/C++, or Java coding experience in a professional environment
- 10+ years years of shipping high volume consumer devices (Windows, Android, Linux)
- 5+ years of designing and directing complex architecture that spans multiple technologies from core kernel to the application layer
- 3+ years of formally managing and growing geographically diverse teams
- 4+ years experience with commercializing cellular devices across various mobile operators (US, Europe, Asia)
- 4+ years experience with Android Telephony layer and how that applies to the product as a whole
- BS in Engineering, technical degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the System On Chip (SOC) Hardware architecture and software for SOC
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
- Experience with new hardware bring-up and factory manufacturing
- Experience with leading geographically diverse teams
- Ability to handle the debugger well to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems
- Experience with embedded system software development, especially at a system architectural level
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
- Some domestic and international travel will be necessary up to 25%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.