|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to contribute to Azure Growth and Adoption in the Market? Do you want to ensure that Azure continues to be the market leader and preferred customer choice for Cloud? Do you agree that building and delivering solid Azure offerings is extremely crucial AND is only a first step? We need to understand what we are offering and what more needs to be done. We need to know what keeps our customer base from adopting Azure. We need to ensure that our offerings are compliant. Only when we combine the richness and robustness of the product with a solid pulse on aforementioned needs we will steamroll our competition and create explosive Azure expansion across the globe and increase in Azure adoption by more customers.
With that in mind here is your opportunity to join the Azure Global Engineering team. We are a new team in the Azure C+E organization. We leverage Data to drive new market entry and operating models to support broad Azure expansion scenarios to new countries, government, financial services and other regulated industries.
We are at the center of Microsoft Azure, providing a common operational framework for cloud services and insight providers. We own the platform and experiences for analyzing all kinds of service related data to provide actionable insights and policy-based guidance for service metrics to meet organizational targets and best practices across the spectrum of service fundamentals like reliability, security, performance, privacy, COGS etc. We deal with truly big data (PBs) from all Azure services, in both streaming and batch mode, to extract insights and metrics. Core to our mission is collecting the right data on a massive scale and making it actionable. Building out computational logic on a massive scale that processes tons of data will be a routine part of the job.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented developer who can think outside the box, harness the huge amount and variety of service data we have access to, and come up with innovative ideas for solutions and actionable insights that make running world-class services easy. You will work with a very talented set of software developers and data scientists to deliver high visibility and high impact projects that help drive Microsoft’s goals.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop solutions that help drive operational and business decisions for all Azure services.
- Develop near real-time and batch data pipelines using multiple big data technologies.
- Leverage data science and ML to extract actionable insights from live and historical data.
- Collaborate with multiple Azure cloud services and technology teams to leverage and drive enhancement of platform building blocks.
- 2+ years of experience in software development and testing
- 1+ years of design and development experience in C#, C++ and/or Java
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of efficient data structures, algorithms, asynchronous programming and high-performance data processing
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government Top Secret security clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Understanding of Azure
- A customer centered mentality and experience in frontend and customer facing projects.
- ML and/or data science background is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.