|Location:||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Cloud Acquisition Sales is a new centralized sales and marketing investment, operating under our SMC Demand Response structure, to address cloud acquisition gaps we have at the top of the funnel with our Managed customers across our commercial business segments in selected markets. This capability will allow us to be agile over time across segment, solution area and geography based on need and signal.
Demand will be centrally driven via Account Based Marketing through the Global Demand Center and aligned to sales plays across a specific list of targeted Enterprise Major and SMC-C customers. These digital demand signals will surface in digital capabilities (aka Daily Recommender) to these Cloud Acquisition sellers. Opportunities may be managed by this team through to a Win, and some will be passed as opportunities in MSX to Enterprise Major account teams or SMC-C account pod teams.
As a trusted advisor and partner to the Americas Cloud Acquisition Sales Leader, the focus of the Sales Excellence Lead’s role is to help build structure to this new organization, establish KPIs and measurements of success, be a driver of sales discipline and execution excellence, as well as a sales coach, accelerating business growth by translating insights into actions.
Planning & Executing as One Microsoft: Leading an effective rhythm to run the business that lands sales coverage, sales targets, drives discipline in sales & consumption processes, ensures integrated customer planning & provides SMC leadership with actionable insights to drive actions that increase capability & business performance
Driving a Healthy, Predictable Sales business: As a Driver of Sales Process Discipline & Execution Excellence – coaching sales discipline & adherence to sales process & hygiene standards, per Microsoft’s defined expectations for weekly Seller 1:1 rhythm & topic rotation on pipeline hygiene, forecast discipline & sales execution, holding sales managers accountable for quality & accuracy
Driving Customer Outcomes & Consumption: As a Sales Coach Accelerating Growth through Transformation & Consumption - driving intentional selling of priority SMC sales motions by ensuring rigorous opportunity qualification & prioritization of pre-sales investments to those opportunities that will deliver the highest level of consumption & return on investment
Key Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Education Required:
- 6+ years of experience in Sales, Channel Management, Finance or Operations roles
Key Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Education Preferred:
- Sound knowledge & understanding of financial & sales processes, scorecards & key performance indicators
- Bachelor’s degree with exposure to Information Technology (or equivalent)
- Sales Leader– Ability to: drive sales strategy, effectively translating corporate strategy into area plans that deliver success. Skilled in integrated sales planning & execution, relationship building, collaboration, change management and influencing through partnerships & networks.
- Sales Excellence Driver – Ability to: drive sales discipline, accountability & high productivity. Skilled incoaching managers to drive sales excellence behavior improvements & increase proficiency in lead management, opportunity qualification, close planning, pipeline hygiene & deal forecasting through utilization & adoption of standard tools, applications & processes.
- Sales Insights Leader– Ability to: Leverage business insights to drive required actions. Skilled in analytical problem solving, leveraging business dashboards & tools to identify risks, upside & other related intelligence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.