|Job Type:||Full Time|
Finance Business Intelligence, within the Corporate Finance Services Organization, is looking for a Senior Business Process Manager to join the Business Operations team. The Business Operations team is a highly motivated team dedicated to executing financial operations of the enterprise systems, including user support operations, delivering business relevant initiatives and driving tool strategy.
The goal of this team is to ensure timely, accurate and complete information in Microsoft’s financial systems. As a Senior Business Process Manager on the business operations team, you will have the opportunity to work with Corporate Accounting, Field Finance, Real Estate and Security, as well as various other Business Groups to design and implement new reporting solutions for all of Microsoft. We are a passionate group responsible for supporting the delivery of accurate and reliable data as well as managing the internal tools used for financial data reporting, business data, master data, business rules and hierarchy data.
The role requires both effective experience, execution, and collaborative leadership across multiple disciplines, including data stewardship, business operations, program management, design, and software engineering. This individual should have demonstrated experience product delivery and success leading production operations, ready to take on multiple responsibilities. Deep understanding of technology, financials, outstanding communication skills, and bias for action are critical for success in this role.
Overall, a Senior Business Process Manager
- Understands the drivers that affect business partners
- Assists users and business partners to define and implement system enhancements
- Helps to set the technical direction and drive the actual architecture/design/implementations focusing on agility, maintainability and quality operations
- Manages change process and operational efficiency
- Leads and takes on multiple project and initiatives
- Works with external data partners and service providers on data integration
- Ensure integrity of Microsoft’s financial and business data
- Work with the other engineering functions to ensure delivery of required enhancements through SDLC
- Manage operations, including interfaces with various systems, data quality, and responsibility for daily, weekly, and monthly publish SLAs
- Interface with business owners to assist in the definition, interpretation, and implementation of process and system enhancements
- Accountable for control compliance to Internal Audit, Corporate Accounting, Central Finance Team and other internal/external stakeholders
- Implement business controls and review audits to ensure data quality
- Team with internal and external business contacts to proactively respond to data and system interface issues
- Manage user support inquiries about Microsoft data, tools and processes
- Challenge existing processes and drive/implement changes as needed
- Work closely with data providers and ensure reporting deadlines and data quality
- Proactively challenge existing processes and implement changes as needed
- Creating documentation, tools, and processes to support future directional goals
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance/Computer Science or 8 - 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Understanding of relational databases, a strong working knowledge of SQL Server - ability to write T-SQL, review Stored Procedures, etc
- Experience in analyzing large volumes of data, extracting insights processing large data sets using SQL or similar scripting language
- Experience and working knowledge of Accounting ledgers, hierarchies, taxonomies, cost objects, revenue drivers
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to utilize experience to improve processes
- High attention to detail and ability to work within stringent deadlines
- Understanding of Financial Accounting, Management Reporting, Controls, and Compliance
- Operations experience with enterprise financial systems in a multi-national company
- Prior experience managing projects/programs with cross functional teams
- Ability to multi-task and deal effectively with ambiguity
- Passion for technology a must
- Proven process improvement/automation experience
- Experience in dealing with conflict in a cross functional environment
- Advanced Excel / PowerPoint Skills
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.