|Job Type:||Full Time|
Every once in a while, a job comes along with the opportunity to positively affect user experiences for everyone using Microsoft Azure. If you’ve been waiting for that kind of opportunity this may be the job for you. Azure is one of the fastest growing business at Microsoft and one of the largest cloud providers in the world. This fast-paced growth of cloud-based applications and solutions is creating new exciting opportunities for innovation and leadership. Azure Customer Experience (CXP) team is searching for a customer obsessed service engineer to join our innovative team and help manage service life-cycle operations in production environments.
Our team is built on trust and teamwork; we work in a start-up like environment toward shared goals and use an iterative approach to deliver value and stability to our customers. Our “no dead-ends” philosophy ensures that every customer can realize their full potential through the Microsoft Cloud. Customer obsession, Automation, Data Driven, Collaboration and Troubleshooting are few characteristics of our team. We are growing fast but remain agile. You will work with teams across Microsoft, established industry players, and customers. Our partners and customers are eager for our solutions and ready to bet big on Azure. And in this role, you'll have the opportunity to enable a broad spectrum of scenarios for life-cycle operations in post-production environments in Azure
If Azure has been on your radar and have passion for customers in cloud, let's talk!
DevOps Responsibilities include:
- Write Infrastructure as Code (CI/CD pipelines, ARM templates , Azure policies, Scripts/Runbooks/WebHooks/Tools) to Manage/Operate end-to-end lifecycle operations (monitoring , alerting, security, governance, cost optimization, updates, configuration, backup & disaster recovery, etc) in production Azure environments
- Design/Create, develop, own and maintain operational procedures for onboarding, managing Azure environments to meet defined OLAs, SLAs.
- Partner with program managers, developers, CREs and provide design inputs, specifications, requirements to influence and advance Azure platform capabilities via a) Create requests for impactful Azure product features , product defects 2) Partner with Azure teams to deliver new features , fixes for defects to improve customer experience.
- Design/Architect/Partner with teams to drive solutions for customer’s challenges in Cloud to drive customer satisfaction, Azure consumption. Act as an engineering SPOC for ensuring successful cloud journey for customers.
- Fulfill customer’s service requests wrt to, proactive/reactive maintenance tasks
- Diagnose, troubleshoot Azure related issues escalated by service desk teams or routed via incident management in a 24x7 Customer Reliability Engineering(CRE) environment
- Participate in monthly/quarterly business review meetings with customers and prepare reports, presentations.
5+ years of IT/DevOps experience in Cloud
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering
Microsoft Azure Platform or AWS Platform
Managing/Operating/Troubleshooting experience in Azure using Azure Management Technologies(Monitoring, Security, Policies, ARM templates, IaC)
DevOps related experience with Azure technologies CI/CD toolset.
Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinal
Monitoring data related technologies like Azure Monitor, Log Analytics ,
Grafana, Ambari, Prometheus, Datadog, Confluent , etc
IT experience in operating/managing cloud-based mission critical workloads in a 24x7 environment with strong knowledge of ITIL, ITSM
Knowledge and implementation of High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Performance Tuning best practices
Working experience in distributed programming models and fluency in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, C#, etc.)
Strong leadership with proven track record of DevOps/ support Engineering competencies including customer focus and business /strategic acumen
Experience in communicating to a variety of stakeholders including large enterprise customers, executive management, and engineering teams
Experience with ServiceNow , Service Catalog, Cherwell, SCSM, Provance
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. #AzCXP