|Job Type:||Full Time|
Poly is seeking System Software Engineer to take part in cutting edge Video endpoint development. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing software, working with various functions and development teams in and outside the company and taking part in architecture discussions. Our ideal candidate is a team player with can-do attitude, who is enthusiastic problem solver.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Design, development, debugging, and testing of platform software for complex Android systems that combines Video/Audio compression codecs
- Requires knowledge in Linux and Android Kernels, drivers, and HAL or robust communications protocols.
- Ability to use common software editor/compiler, source control tools, and hardware debugging tools
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 12+ years C/C++ development experience
- 10+ years working with low level Embedded Linux/Android code
- Experience with Linux driver development and working with Linux development environment
- Knowledge of the Android framework/SDK on recent releases (preferably Android M or higher).
- Good communications skills
- Hands-on experience doing bring-up of Linux kernel on ARM-based embedded system
- Hands-on experience with USB, Gadgets or HDMI drivers
- Work with Video/Audio interfaces, USB or Wi-Fi devices.
- Knowledge with Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy protocols
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies